Website usage terms and conditions
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Summer Giveaway Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: The Wedding Guide UK (Lewis Tanfield Publishing) whose are based at 3a Rosecomb Way, Haxby, York, YO32 3ET.
2. The supplier of the prize is Betty’s Harrogate and The Wedding Angels.
3. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of The Wedding Guide UK, Betty’s Harrogate and The Wedding Angels and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Closing date for entry will be Friday 8th July, 2016. After this date the no further entries to thecompetition will be permitted.
7. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://theweddingguideuk.com/great-summer giveaway.The competition will be promoted via the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter The Wedding Guide Magazine, The Wedding Guide website and Vale Radio.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Entrants must enter the competition online by submitting the online entry form provided on http://theweddingguideuk.com/great-summer-giveaway by the Closing Date. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11.The prizes are as follows:
2 x Lady Betty Afternoon Tea. Value £66.00
£100.00 Wedding Stationery Voucher.
Both prizes are subject to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions, and any additional restrictions applied by the supplier. Please see http://theweddingguideuk.com/great-summer-giveaway for full details.
12. The prizes are as stated and no cash alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are provided by the supplier, subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries received and verified using Rafflecopter.com.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Wedding Guide UK, Betty’s Harrogate and to carefully selected wedding suppliers. It will not be shared with any other party. The information provided will be used in conjunction with the
What we collect
We may collect the following information: name and job title. contact information including email address. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. Security We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Lewis Tanfield Publishing, 3a Rosecomb Way, Haxby, York, YO32 3ET.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.